Contact lenses have come a long way, when they were first invented they were very expensive and if you lost one or dropped one you had to buy new ones. Traditional contact lenses were very rigid and that took a LOT of getting use to. Over time people started looking for much softer lenses that were easier to put in and a lot more comfortable to wear. Once those longed for soft contact lenses came out wearers got tired of having to clean their lenses, store them in the right cleaning solutions and to deal with all the care soft contact lenses needed.
Now they had their softer contact lenses, they wanted lenses they could put in of a morning and throw away of a night – no more cleaning and caring for contact lenses. In 1987 disposable contact lenses were first introduced – they were designed to be worn for a set amount of time before needing to be replaced. Lenses Online has a range of contact lenses to suit your needs, along with cleaning solutions and products for dry eyes
There now are a range of *disposable* contact lenses on the market these include
- Daily disposable contact lenses – these are removed and thrown away every night and do not need any cleaning solutions or care
- Disposable contact lenses – are worn and replaced every two weeks (if not sooner)
- Extended wear lenses – you can sleep in these for up to two weeks.
- Frequent replacement lenses – are replaced every 1-3 months
- Traditional reusable contact lenses are replaced every 6 months if not before
- Day and night contact lenses – can be worn day and night for up to 30 days – when removed you throw them away.
Over time there can be a build up of proteins, lipids and calcium which can make your eyes uncomfortable – in general the more you replace your lenses, the healthier your eyes will be.
The benefits of using disposable contact lenses include –
- Lower risk of infections
- Clearer vision
- No need for cleaning solutions
- No time for deposits to build up
- Great for those who suffer from allergies
Lenses Online is your home for all your contact lens needs.